About the job
Do you want to make an impact on how people and businesses pay, get paid, and manage their money? If so, come join Settle Group – an award-winning and visionary fintech company from Norway.
Our mission is to digitize and democratize money while delivering rewarding financial experiences to people and businesses. We are now serving our customers in 22 European markets with Settle – the European mobile payment app.
Right now we would like to expand our team with a dedicated and enthusiastic Senior Web Developer that can help us stay ahead of the competition.
- Work with the UX designer and product owner to develop beautiful and intuitive UIs
- Work with the backend team to integrate APIs
- Develop new features and work on maintaining existing ones
- Develop UI components and ensure that these components and the overall application are robust and easy to maintain
- Track and fix any defects that are reported in any of the front-end applications
- Perform code reviews, provide feedback, and mentor other team members
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related technical field (work experience can compensate for education)
- At least 3 years of experience with React JS, React-Redux, Redux-Saga, React Hooks
- Expert-level knowledge of CSS3, HTML5, DOM, and related frameworks
- Experience with automated unit and integration testing and continuous integration
- Experience working with REST APIs
- Experience with Git/GitHub as a version control system
- Good understanding of UX best practices
- Good understanding of OOP and functional programming principles
- Excellent communications and presentation skills
- Loves to work in teams as well as getting the job done alone when needed
- Our work language is English. You are proficient both in written and spoken English
- You are used to or have no problem learning to use tools like Figma, Miro, Google Docs, Sheets and Slides, Google Drive, Asana, Clubhouse, etc.
Nice if you’re also:
- We love art, but data beats opinions. So we assume you love that your solution design has to be improved by the crude reality of being used, loved, or hated by thousands of people.
What can we offer?
- An exciting and independent role with real impact and meaning
- The opportunity to develop and grow with the organization as we continue to expand
- The joy and hardship of shaping the future of money for people and businesses
- Talented and highly experienced colleagues who love to solve problems together
- No legacy code, you build on a cutting edge tech stack
- Employee stock option program, allowing you to be part of the growth
- Flexible work hours where you control your own schedule, as well as the place you work from (remote vs office space in the heart of Oslo)
Apply by sending your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We review the applications on an ongoing basis, and our interview process is compressed in time.