Do you want to be part of an international, growing Risk and Compliance team, working for a fintech revolutionising the payments industry? We’re now looking for a new ambitious leader to run our risk and compliance team in Oslo, and help us build both the future of payments and the future of Settle.
Who we are:
Settle Group have been making a name for ourselves as leaders in mobile payment and commerce since 2010. From our headquarters in Oslo, Norway we have spent almost a decade developing an award-winning and world-class financial services platform. We developed the first mobile payments platform in the Nordics and launched the first mobile payments scheme in Norway, impacting the lives of millions of people and helping to fundamentally change the way people pay and get paid in Scandinavia.
Settle Group is the result of amazing talent working together out of our offices in Oslo, Bucharest and Sofia.
As our Head of Compliance you will be running our Compliance unit, ensuring that Settle Group as a company and the products and services we deliver complies with current laws, regulations, policies and procedures. Another important responsibility will be to continuously provide management with an updated assessment of the company’s compliance risk exposure prior to and after entering new regulatory markets, and advice in contract formation processes and certifications etc.
- Master degree or equivalent in law, finance or other relevant area.
- Minimum five years of relevant work experience at a regulatory body, law enforcement agency, law firm or within a financial institution.
- Experience with PSD2, 4th and 5th AML Directive & working with the Norwegian Financial Supervisory Authority.
- Knowledge of laws and regulations in the areas of AML, KYC, personal data protection, anti-corruption, and competition law etc.
- Experience from setting up regulatory contract frameworks, legal documentation and supplier and customer contracts.
- Interest in payments market regulation, and it is a huge advantage if you have an IT understanding and interest in the financial markets.
- Excellent Norwegian & English written and verbal communication skills.
- A self-aware, self-confident individual who has well developed listening and analytical skills and a strong ability to provide proactive advice in a variety of compliance matters.
- Confident in assessments of challenging compliance issues and strength in sustaining independent views.
- Ability to multitask, prioritise, and manage time effectively.
- Self-starter with demonstrable ability to work independently and creatively.
- International experience is a benefit.
- Develop, maintain and operationalize compliance guidelines, instructions, policies and procedures.
- Preventing and identifying compliance risks, preparing risk analyses and compliance plans and implementing and monitoring of such.
- Interpreting and implementing new and modified regulations.
- Monitoring of regulatory developments within Settle’s business areas.
- Aid product development, marketing and sales efforts to ensure compliance, while exploiting the opportunities offered within the applicable regulatory framework.
- Provide training to all relevant parties.
- Oversee compliance operations; delegate or perform compliance operational tasks as required.
- Main point of contact towards regulatory bodies and certification parties.
- Report directly to the Board of Directors when needed.
- Report directly to regulatory bodies when needed.
- Flexible working hours and a lot of responsibility
- Remuneration consists of a competitive salary and stock option grants
- 5 weeks paid vacation
- Playful, new offices in central Oslo, in walking distance to public transportation
- In-house gym facilities
- Personal letter that explains why you are a great fit for this position
Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you want to contribute to scale and develop an ambitious tech company and join a group of passionate, dedicated, relentless and caring people, we would like to hear from you.